EMPLOYMENT AT REDEEMER DAY SCHOOL
At this time, we are accepting applications for a part time music teacher and those who might be interested in being contacted for future teacher openings.
Part Time Music Teacher
- Have a personal relationship with Christ. At RDS our mission is to provide a Christ-centered, teacher directed, academically challenging school for Atlanta’s children while mentoring parents in Christ-centered child rearing
- Lead musical enrichment that is appropriate for the child’s age and developmental stage. At RDS, we have students between the ages of 2 to 6
- Provide inspiring and patient instruction in directing children to sing (e.g., how to make a beautiful sound vs. what hinders this, coaching on the difference between yelling a song vs. singing a song with more projection, etc.)
- Provide insights about music fundamentals, in addition to teaching the children songs. Share fun songs as well as songs that are rich in Christian doctrine. Exposure to hymns and classical music, as well as the composers of the music, is desired
- A teacher with the ability to play an instrument(s) is a plus. While this will not be the focus in class, occasional sharing of musical instruments (e.g., piano, guitar, violin, etc.) can help build the children’s musical understanding
- Extremely flexible. Need a “slot” of 2 hours and 15 minutes once a week between 9:10 am – 12 Noon. This slot will need to be on either Monday or Friday (Friday is ideal). If the successful candidate would like to split this time between two days (say an hour one day and 1.25 another day) that can be done with a combination of any days as long as one of the days is a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.
- Twice a year, RDS has special events – Christmas Program and Musical Morning in May which must take place on Mondays. In early December, this requires an additional 4 – 6 days (also between 9:10 – 12 Noon) for practice and the performance. Specific rehearsal dates can flex to the selected candidate’s schedule. In May this requires an additional 2 – 4 days.
If you are interested in being considered for this position at Redeemer Day School, please print and complete the Employee Application and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at: Redeemer Day School, Attention: Jenny Kwon, 1266 West Paces Ferry Road, Box 405, Atlanta, Georgia 30327-2306. Redeemer Day School will contact you once your application is received and reviewed.
The working hours of this position are Monday through Friday from 8:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Faculty and Staff meetings are held on Wednesdays from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Preplanning is typically the last week in August, and the school year extends through May of the following year. To be successful in this position you will need to be a Christian, have a bachelor’s degree, and ideally have experience teaching preschool and/or elementary children. A degree and certification in early childhood education is preferred.
Required Competencies: (1) Ability to build meaningful professional relationships with families; (2) Patient and effective classroom management; (3) Sound planning and organizing skills, and (4) Clear and appropriate oral and written communication
Technical Skills: Proficient use of Microsoft Word and email communication
Our teachers focus classroom time on the development of the whole student, including building in each one the foundation for a personal relationship with Christ, a knowledge of God’s Word, and academic achievement appropriate for the child’s age and developmental stage. Our teachers also strive to build a mentoring relationship with the parents of their students through conferences and other conversations and communications.
If you are interested in being considered for future teacher openings at Redeemer Day School, please print and complete the Employee Application and submit to email@example.com or via mail at: Redeemer Day School, Attention: Jenny Kwon, 1266 West Paces Ferry Road, Box 405, Atlanta, Georgia 30327-2306. Redeemer Day School will contact you once your application is received and reviewed.